Whether you’re a seasoned vaper or a curious newcomer, making your own CBD vape juice at home can be a fun thing to try.
In this post, we’ll guide you step-by-step on how to create a bespoke CBD-infused e-liquid.
By the end, you’ll have the knowledge to craft a personal blend tailored to your needs and preferences.
From understanding the properties of CBD to ensuring safety measures, we’ve got you covered.
How To Make CBD Vape Juice At Home Step-by-Step
To make your own CBD vape juice at home, you’ll need a few essential pieces of equipment and ingredients.
We’ve broken down the process into a simple step-by-step guide for your convenience.
Before we begin, please be reminded that this process involves handling substances that could potentially be harmful if not handled correctly.
Always use protective gear and ensure you’re working in a well-ventilated area.
- Syringe for accurate measurements
- E-liquid bottle or any other sterile container
- Dropper bottles for the finished product
- Protective gloves and eyewear
- Funnel (optional)
- Propylene Glycol (PG)
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG)
- CBD Isolate
- Optional: E-liquid flavouring to taste
Step-by-Step Guide for Making CBD Vape Juice:
1. Protect Yourself: Always begin by putting on protective gloves and eyewear.
2. Measure the Ingredients: Using the syringe, measure out the desired amounts of PG, VG, and CBD Isolate.
A common ratio for CBD liquid is 60% PG to 40% VG, but this can be adjusted to your personal preference.
As for CBD, the amount will depend on your desired strength.
3. Combine the PG and CBD Isolate: Add the CBD Isolate to your PG.
This step is crucial as CBD is soluble in PG but not VG.
Mix until the CBD Isolate is fully dissolved.
4. Add the Vegetable Glycerin: Once the CBD is dissolved, gradually add the VG into the mixture.
5. Add Flavouring (Optional): If you prefer a bit of flavour to your vape juice, now’s the time to add your chosen e-liquid flavouring.
A few drops usually suffice, but you can adjust this to your liking.
6. Shake Well: Make sure you combine everything well.
Shake the mixture for a few minutes to ensure all the components are thoroughly mixed.
7. Store Properly: Using the funnel, pour your CBD vape juice into dropper bottles for easy usage.
Store these bottles in a cool and dark place to preserve the quality of your CBD vape juice.
With these steps, you now have your very own homemade CBD vape juice!
Enjoy the process, and remember, you have full control over the concentration and flavour of your end product. Happy vaping!
How Long Does Homemade CBD Vaping Juice Last For?
The shelf life of homemade CBD vape juice largely depends on how well it’s stored.
When properly stored in a cool, dark place, your CBD vape juice can last anywhere from 1 to 2 years.
However, there are factors that can significantly reduce this lifespan.
Heat, light, and air can all degrade the CBD and other ingredients in your vape juice, which could lead to a decrease in effectiveness over time.
Here’s a quick tip: if you notice any changes in smell, colour, or viscosity, it’s a good sign that your vape juice may no longer be good to use.
Remember, always ensure your bottles are tightly sealed to prevent air exposure and keep them in a cupboard or drawer away from direct sunlight or heat sources for the longest shelf life.
Can You Put Normal CBD Oil in a Vaping Device?
It’s essential to understand that regular CBD oil is not designed for vaping.
These oils are typically intended for oral consumption and contain carrier oils like MCT oil or hemp seed oil, which can be harmful if heated and inhaled.
Instead, a specific type of CBD designed for vaping, often referred to as CBD vape oil or CBD e-liquid, should be used.
This type of CBD product is made with ingredients that are safe to vaporise and inhale, including vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG), and of course, CBD.
Using regular CBD oil in a vaping device could potentially damage the device, and more importantly, it may pose health risks to the user.
Always make sure you’re using products as intended by their manufacturers to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Can You Put CBD Oil into Normal Vape Juice?
It is generally not recommended to add regular CBD oil to normal vape juice.
Regular CBD oils are typically designed for oral consumption, not for inhalation.
Normal CBD oils often contain carrier oils like MCT oil or hemp seed oil, which can be harmful if inhaled.
When heated, these oils can break down into harmful by-products.
Furthermore, normal CBD oils might not mix well with your vape juice, leading to inconsistent dosage.
If you want to vape CBD, it’s advisable to use a product specifically designed for that purpose, such as CBD vape juice or CBD e-liquid.
These are formulated with ingredients that are safe to vaporise and inhale.
Which is Better? Homemade vs Commerical CBD E-Liquid?
Whether homemade or commercial CBD e-liquid is “better” depends largely on your personal preferences, skills, and requirements.
Homemade CBD E-Liquid:
- Control: You have full control over the concentration of CBD, the ratio of PG/VG, and the flavours.
- Cost: Homemade e-liquid can be more cost-effective, particularly if you’re a frequent vaper.
- Customisation: The ability to tweak and adjust the recipe to your preference is a significant plus.
- Time and Effort: The process requires time, effort, and a certain degree of precision.
- Safety: Handling CBD isolate, and other ingredients requires safety precautions.
- Consistency: Achieving a consistent product can be challenging, particularly for beginners.
Commercial CBD E-Liquid:
- Convenience: Ready to use right out of the box.
- Consistency: Each bottle is consistent in terms of CBD concentration and flavour.
- Safety: Produced in controlled environments following strict guidelines.
- Lab-Tested: Many reputable companies provide third-party lab test results to verify CBD content and purity.
- Cost: Can be more expensive than making it at home, especially for regular vapers.
- Limited Customisation: While there’s a wide variety of flavours and strengths, you can’t adjust these to your exact preference like you can with a homemade product.
- Transparency: While many companies are transparent about their ingredients and processes, this isn’t always the case.
How is CBD Oil Vape Juice Manufactured?
CBD vape juice, also known as CBD e-liquid, is manufactured using a process that ensures its safety for inhalation. Here’s a general overview of how it’s produced:
Sourcing the CBD
Firstly, high-quality CBD is sourced, usually from hemp, due to its low THC content.
The hemp is cultivated, harvested, and then processed to extract the CBD.
The extraction process typically involves CO2 extraction methods, which is a clean and efficient way to isolate the CBD.
Creating the Vape Juice Base
The base for CBD vape juice is typically made up of propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG).
These are common in many vape juices and are considered safe for inhalation.
The ratio of PG to VG can vary, but a 60% PG to 40% VG ratio is common, but this ratio will also depend on the strength of CBD.
Stronger CBD may require higher PG levels.
Infusing the CBD
The extracted CBD is then added to the PG/VG mixture.
CBD is soluble in PG but not VG, so it’s critical that it’s properly mixed to ensure the CBD is evenly distributed throughout the vape juice.
Many CBD vape juices include flavourings to make the vaping experience more enjoyable.
These flavours are usually food-grade and safe for inhalation.
Before the CBD vape juice is sold, it should be tested to ensure it’s safe and contains the correct amount of CBD.
Reputable manufacturers will conduct third-party lab tests to verify these details.
Please note while the process is similar to making your own CBD vape juice at home, manufacturers follow strict guidelines and use specialised equipment to ensure a safe and consistent product.
This is why many people opt for commercially manufactured CBD vape juice, despite the possibility of making it at home.
Where Can You Buy the Best CBD Vape Juice?
It’s important to purchase CBD from reputable suppliers to ensure safe products that are compliant with UK laws and regulations.
Our CBD company, CBD Queen, offers a diverse selection of CBD e-liquids for vaping.
We carry a variety of flavours such as Bubblegum Lemonade, Mango/Peach/Pineapple, Raspberry/Strawberry, Strawberry/Watermelon, Tropical Ice, Watermelon Cactus, and Unflavoured.
All flavours come in the strength of 600mg, while the unflavoured liquid also comes in 1000mg.
The unflavoured liquid is to be used with an existing tank of flavoured e-liquid of your choice rather than vaping it pure.
We also recommend using the Vaporesso XROS kit that we sell for a perfect match for your CBD vaping experience.
Lisa’s Top Tip for Homemade Vape Juice
Making CBD vape juice at home can be a fun experiment, save you money, as well as just something to learn so that you know how to do it!
However, because of the way e-liquid flavour bases are created, homemade CBD e-liquid often doesn’t taste anywhere near as good as what it does from a reputable brand.
Also, you would need to be careful with the raw CBD you purchase and use as well.
For me personally, even though I know how to create e-liquid myself, I always opt for branded liquid.
This is due to the safety and quality of products, and they taste much better too.
Final Notes On How To Make CBD Vape Juice At Home
Making your own CBD vape juice at home can be a rewarding and cost-effective endeavour for those looking for a bespoke vaping experience.
It’s vital to use proper safety measures and source high-quality ingredients, with particular attention to the type of CBD used. Above all, safety and quality should never be compromised.
Whether you opt for a DIY approach or a ready-to-use commercial product, be sure to source your CBD from reputable suppliers to ensure the best vaping experience.