CBD, particularly Full Spectrum, has been gaining attention in the UK.
This non-psychoactive derivative of the cannabis plant, rich in cannabinoids and terpenes, boasts various potential benefits.
But how do you take it effectively?
The method of intake can greatly affect its efficacy.
In this post, we’ll guide you on how to take Full Spectrum CBD oil and add it into your wellness routine.
Stay with us as we unravel the best practices for maximising the benefits of this intriguing compound.
Related Post: CBD for Restless Legs.
What is the Best Way to Take Full Spectrum CBD Oil?
The best way to take full-spectrum CBD oil is sublingually, meaning placing the oil under the tongue.
This method is highly effective because the area beneath the tongue is rich in capillaries, allowing for quick absorption of CBD directly into the bloodstream.
This bypasses the digestive system and liver metabolism, leading to more immediate and efficient effects compared to other methods like ingestion.
By holding the oil under the tongue for about 60-90 seconds before swallowing, you maximise the absorption of CBD, ensuring you get the most benefit from your dosage.
How do you properly take CBD oil sublingually?
- Measure Out Your Dosage: With the dropper included in your bottle of CBD oil, extract the recommended dose.
- Administer Sublingually: Lift your tongue and drop the CBD oil underneath it. Try to distribute it evenly across the floor of your mouth for the best absorption.
- Wait for Absorption: Hold the oil under your tongue for at LEAST 3 minutes. This allows the mucous membranes in your mouth to absorb the CBD, permitting it to enter your bloodstream more directly.
- Swallow the Rest: After waiting, you can swallow the remainder of the oil. (It will be processed through your digestive system).
The sublingual method is preferred because it bypasses the digestive system, meaning the CBD doesn’t have to go through the lengthy process of digestion, which can degrade the compound and lower its effectiveness.
Despite the sublingual method being the best method for most, everyone’s bodies and needs are different.
It’s always advisable to start with a small dose and monitor your body’s reaction.
Related Post: CBD and Breast Feeding.
How Much Oil Should You Take Each Day?
When it comes to finding your ideal daily dosage of CBD oil, it’s important to take a few things into consideration.
Various individual factors, such as your body weight, the condition you wish to treat, and the concentration of CBD in the oil, are all important to note.
However, we are here to offer a general guideline for you to follow to help you get started.
Bottles of CBD oil are typically made with strengths ranging from 300mg to 2000mg.
It’s best to start small and gradually increase your dosage until you find your own sweet spot.
- Start with taking a couple of drops at least twice a day, ideally morning and night (For more severe cases, this can be increased to three times a day).
- Stay on this dose for at least 5-6 days. If you do not notice an improvement in your symptoms after this time, you can increase by 1-2 drops each serving.
- Continue to increase the dose until you find what works for you.
- Please always make sure to leave at least five days in between increasing any dose. This is very important as your body needs time to adjust.
- Remember, consistency is key with CBD! Be sure to use the oil every single day at least twice a day, ideally an equal time apart.
Generally speaking, if you stick to all the tips and techniques we give you, users should usually expect to notice some changes within a few weeks.
Remember, this is a rough guide as a starting point, and individual responses to CBD can widely vary.
Make sure to always listen to your body and adjust your dosage accordingly.
Related Post: Can You Use CBD While Pregnant?
Apart From Sub-Lingually, How Else Can You Take It?
While taking Full Spectrum CBD Oil, sublingually is often the most effective method for most people, there are certainly other ways to consume it.
Here are a few additional methods for using CBD oil:
- Ingestion: You can ingest CBD oil by adding it to your favourite food or drink. This method is particularly useful if you don’t enjoy the taste of CBD oil. Bear in mind, however, that ingesting CBD means it will have to go through your digestive system and be metabolised by your liver before it enters your bloodstream, which can decrease its potency and delay its effects.
- Topical Application: CBD oil can be applied directly onto the skin, particularly for targeted relief. It’s absorbed through the skin to interact with localised cannabinoid receptors. This method is popular for addressing specific areas of discomfort, inflammation, or skin conditions.
- Inhalation: Inhalation isn’t typically associated with CBD oil, but rather with CBD vape products. By vaping CBD, its bioavailability is increased by as much as 60%, which means the body absorbs more of the compounds and faster, too.
- Capsules and Edibles: Some people may prefer to consume CBD in the form of capsules or edibles, such as gummies.
These methods are easy and discreet, with the added benefit of providing a consistent dose.
As with ingestion, the effects may take longer to kick in due to the digestive process.
Whichever method you choose, remember that the quality of the CBD product you’re using is crucial.
Ensure you’re buying from a reputable retailer to guarantee the safety and efficacy of the product.
Related Post: Taking CBD Oil Under the Tongue.
How Often Should You Take Full Spectrum Oil?
The frequency at which one should be taking Full Spectrum CBD oil, again, largely depends on the individual’s needs, body weight, metabolism, and the particular reasons for usage.
Many people start their day with a dose of CBD to help manage stress and support focus throughout the day.
Others may prefer to take their CBD in the evening to help with relaxation and sleep.
One thing to remember is that consistency is key when taking CBD, to get the most of your dose take your CBD daily for best results.
Most newcomers expect a massive change within minutes. Unfortunately, CBD is not always like that.
An increased sense of peace and balance is fairly noticeable when taking these products in certain amounts.
For one’s general wellness, we suggest splitting your daily dosage into at least two doses throughout the day, preferably in the morning and the evening.
This also helps to maintain a steady level of CBD in your body every day.
Taking CBD oil multiple times throughout the day especially benefits conditions such as chronic pain, skin conditions, inflammation, and much more.
Is it Best to Take Full Spectrum CBD Morning or Night?
There is no right or wrong time to take Full Spectrum CBD oil.
The time you take it, how much you take, and the means of taking it will always depend on the individual factors already mentioned.
Generally speaking, we recommend consuming your CBD at least twice a day with an equal time in between.
For instance, once in the morning and once in the evening.
If you suffer from a severe condition, we suggest increasing your CBD intake to three times a day, this will most likely be most effective when taken multiple times throughout the day.
What is the Best Full Spectrum Oil to Use?
While CBD is considered safe and legal in the UK, the market is not strictly regulated.
It’s absolutely crucial to purchase your CBD products from reputable retailers to ensure you’re getting a high-quality product.
Our Premium Full Spectrum CBD Oil, sourced from Colorado’s finest hemp, is abundant in cannabinoids and naturally occurring compounds.
This amber-hued, aromatic oil is available in natural, peppermint, and orange flavours.
Assuredly low in THC and lab-tested for purity, our CBD oil offers heightened efficacy due to the “Entourage effect”.
Rigorously third-party tested, we prioritise your health and our high standards. Extracted via a safe CO2 method, our oil is pure, requiring no post-processing.
CBD Queen, a UK-based brand, guarantees our oil is 100% organic and natural, free from pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides, ensuring an impressively pure product with extensive benefits.
Related Post: How Does CBD Vape Make You Feel?
Lisa’s Top Tip
I have used and worked with CBD for many years.
This includes developing product ranges and dealing directly with thousands of consumers and customers.
In my opinion and in my years of experience, Full Spectrum CBD is the best kind to take.
Unlike Broad Spectrum CBD and CBD isolates, Full Spectrum contains a huge variety of cannabinoids, terpenes, fatty acids and omegas, and of course, trace amounts of THC.
Final Notes On How to Take Full Spectrum CBD Oil
Full Spectrum CBD oil offers a comprehensive approach to wellness.
Understand your needs, start small, and personalise your usage to suit your lifestyle and well-being objectives.
As always, for those with health conditions or on medication, it’s crucial to consult a healthcare professional before beginning a CBD regimen.
Remember, the journey with CBD is personal, so listen to your body, adapt as necessary, and enjoy the wellness journey!