Your CBD Questions Answered
At CBD Queen, we have had many questions from customers wanting to know more about CBD and how it works. We have compiled together with the most popular questions so you can understand more about CBD.
We also have a specific section that explains more about the CBD and how it works, which you can view here.
Jump to a question
1. Should I get CBD oil or E-liquid?
This will depend on your requirements. Some people prefer to place drops under the tongue or add CBD oil to other ingredients. At the same time, others prefer to ingest CBD by vaping.
The most common method of oil consumption is oral, applying the required drops directly under the tongue and absorbed through your mucus membranes directly into your bloodstream. The longer you can hold the oil under your tongue, you will significantly increase the volume of CBD going straight into your bloodstream. When you swallow what’s left, it will pass through your gastrointestinal system and into your liver.
CBD Oil can also be added to foods/drinks and used in cooking and baking. This is a suitable method of consumption if you do not require fast effects.
Vaping E-Liquid provides a more immediate effect in the same way nicotine is consumed in an E-Liquid form. Studies show that vaping CBD can increase the amount of CBD absorbed by up to 60%.
(We recommend using the Aspire Pockex vaping device for a high-quality vape experience).
When vaporized, CBD enters the lungs and diffuses directly into the bloodstream instead of ingestion, which requires the CBD to pass through the gut and liver. The passing of CBD through the gut and liver is known as the “first-pass effect.”
This reduces the bioavailability of the CBD to as low as 15%. This means that for every 100mg of CBD ingested, only 15mg will actually be absorbed into the bloodstream. By vaping CBD, you increase the bioavailability to as much as 60%, which gives you the same beneficial effects using far less CBD.
2. What strength CBD should I buy?
CBD works differently for each individual. As our bodies are unique, we all respond and react differently to things. It’s hard to tell how your body will react to CBD until you try it, so there’s a certain amount of trial and error with CBD and doses, etc.
Choosing a strength will very much depend on your requirements. In general, it is best to start low. You may find relief with just a few drops of a low strength, or you could need a slightly stronger one. Our oils range from 300mg (3%) – 2000mg (20%), they came in 10ml bottles for maximum potency. Our oils are of high strength, which means you use less oil.
If you have any queries or need any assistance with choosing a strength, please feel free to contact us. We’d be more than happy to assist you.
3. Things to consider when buying CBD
- Start small – When beginning CBD, it’s best to start with a smaller dose. As with any new product, it is important to become familiar with how your body responds to CBD before increasing the dose. If you are new to CBD, we encourage you to start with the lower dose and gradually work your way up to the dose that works for you.
- Consistency – For most newcomers, they expect a huge change within minutes. CBD is not like that. An increased sense of peace and balance is fairly noticeable when taking these products in certain amounts. When you use CBD, you might need to consistently use it during a longer period of time for the endocannabinoid effects.
- Size Matters – The right dose of CBD varies from person to person. Generally speaking, larger individuals may prefer a higher dose of CBD than smaller people. With CBD, you can easily scale up just a few milligrams at a time to meet your personal needs.
- Understanding CBD Strengths – CBD requires some trial and error to get the right amount for your body. With patience and practice, you should be able to get to that “happy point” within just a few days of working with it.
When looking for CBD, it’s important to compare the strength to the size of the bottle. This will give you a clear understanding of how much CBD you’re exactly getting, compared to how much carrier oil is inside.
For example; If you had two bottles of 1000mg CBD oil – one 10ml and one 30ml, although they are the same strength, the 10ml is 10%, and the 30ml is 3.33%. This means you would need to take three times the amount of the 30ml oil to get the same equivalent of CBD as you would from the 10ml.
Having higher strengths in smaller size means you receive maximum potency and benefit from using far less oil. Big is not always better!
4. What is the difference between "Isolate" & "Full Spectrum"
Isolate CBD are products that only contain one compound, CBD.
CBD isolate is in its purest form. It is isolated during the extraction process and made into powder.
Full Spectrum refers to a wide range of cannabinoids. Full Spectrum CBD products contain a wide range of cannabinoids, not just CBD.
Depending on what you are looking to achieve, Full Spectrum CBD can provide a more significant effect than CBD alone as all the cannabinoids work together in what is known as the entourage effect.
5. Storage of Oil
Products are best stored in a cool, dry, and dark place. Do not expose to direct sunlight or heat.
Please note Light, heat, and air exposure all play a part in the breakdown of natural cannabinoids like CBD, so it is important to defend against them. The ideal temperature for the environment should be between 6-20 degrees Celsius.
Can oil be kept in the fridge?
CBD oil can be kept in the fridge for a longer period of time. Lower temperatures can affect the colour and thickness of the product. There might be some precipitation (it looks like flakes falling out of the oil), but it will go away when it is back at room temperature. There is no loss of potency, and it won’t damage the product.
The ingredients we use in our oils are 100% natural – therefore colour, smell and appearance can vary slightly from time to time.
6. What is Full Spectrum CBD?
Full Spectrum CBD products contain the complete spectrum of compounds found within the hemp plant. This includes a trace amount of THC.
7. What is Broad Spectrum CBD?
Broad Spectrum CBD is very similar to Full Spectrum; however, these products contain no trace amount of THC.
8. Which CBD product is best for me?
This will really come down to personal preference on whether you want a product that has 0% THC or 1mg THC. While the THC present in Full Spectrum CBD is only in trace amounts, we believe customers should have all the information required to make the right purchase decisions.
Raphael Mechoulam and many scientists who’ve followed his work maintain that all of the natural components of cannabis behave synergistically to produce far greater results than any single compound.
9. Can I take CBD with medication?
As a company, we sell CBD and cannot offer medical advice relating to your personal circumstance. If you are taking medication and wish to use CBD-based products, please seek advice from your GP before purchasing.